<center><b>Ya-Ya Connection</b></center>

Ya-Ya Connection

To the One Who made friendship,
who launched this ship of friends,
may we bless You...

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mae's response

I asked Mae what her thoughts are on Glenice's questions about pampering. I was going to include the text of the verses, but thought it'd take up too much room. This is what she wrote:

You asked my thoughts about pleasing self--some verses come to mind: Prov 8:30-31
  • John 15:11
  • Deut 7:7-8
  • Phil 4:4
  • Col 3:16-17
  • 1 Thes 5:16
  • Ps 45:7, 15, etc.
The will of God is for us to be wholesome. We have a body and a soul, as well as a spirit. Each needs sustaining. Self is not evil. Flesh is whatever is not aligned with Jesus' character. Whatever we can do without maligning the purity of Christ, that pleases us, is good.

Enjoy yourself! God enjoys you! Lighten up! Don't take yourself so seriously. Laugh! Smile! Sing! Praise! Thank! God will see to your growth as you rest in Him & the Word. Be yourself--relax. Ps 81, 84.


Just thought you'd be interested in what she wrote. What do you think?

Cheryl, do you think we might get together soon after Tina gets home? I don't remember when that is... We'll be out of town next Tuesday, our 'usual' day. Think about it, y'all, k? XO

1 comment:

Cheryl Stillar said...

I will talk to Tina as soon as she contacts me and see what I can set up!