<center><b>Ya-Ya Connection</b></center>

Ya-Ya Connection

To the One Who made friendship,
who launched this ship of friends,
may we bless You...

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Something New

Here's something new.
I start as a waitress at the new Italian restaurant at the Sundance golf course on Friday night. The owner is a friend. This is their first business as husband and wife. He is a seasoned (haha) chef. I like being with her. She was at my 50th. Her name is Victoria: dark hair, helped in the kitchen. I like the accessibility of getting into "work" with a friend. Seemed easy enough. I like the type of work-food, serving, hospitality- no different than what I already do, except the cash register and the credit card machine. Yikes!! I will only work on Friday nights at this time. The intent is to help them while they get established and to exercise my brain to remember things, like juggling orders.
So stop over. It's very good. Prices are typical. 4.50 to 20.00.
It will be fun...T

5 comments:

Cyndi Mulligan said...

Wow! I never saw something like that coming! But very cool. 2-for-1 when you can help friends AND benefit some yourself into the bargain. One night/week sounds perfect. Thanks for the invite. You'll be great! The hardest part will be not getting to visit with people you know--you know so many! XO

Ya-Ya Connection said...

At least I will get to see them, and that will be fun. Then I'll see them all and quit, waiting for another 15 years, because that is how long it has been since I worked at the Jellybean restaurant. Remember that place? Looking forward to seeing you....T.

Cheryl Stillar said...

Well, now. Isn't this interesting. Remember when I was the only one with a job? Now suddenly it is just Rosie and I unemployed. I think. If she goes to work we will have done a complete 180.

I can't get a job! It takes me all day just to live my life!

Ya-Ya Connection said...

Love that one liner little princess.....
Yes, things have switched. With all the time "off" you two have, it's amazing that you are the busiest.haha
Besides, this isn't a "job". This is a night out,even though it is without my husband. I love Friday nights, but never have done anything to celebrate going into the weekend. Hope it is fun..... T

Ya-Ya Connection said...

You go girl friend!!! I think you are brave and yet this is normal for you. You have always been stimulated by challenges. Steve gets alone time with the kids and you get your time to do with as you wish(of course with God's blessing). I view my work away from home days as a break from the routine. I enjoy the break and I learn so much from them. Mostly why I don't work.Ha Ha Really my eyes are opened everytime to the world's need of a savior.Enjoy! It would be fun to see you in your working environment. Love you. G