<center><b>Ya-Ya Connection</b></center>

Ya-Ya Connection

To the One Who made friendship,
who launched this ship of friends,
may we bless You...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Our Abba Loves Us!

Oh Cheryl, my heart leaps for joy when I hear/see how God loves his children so much. I too have been blessed by our time spent away. The conversation of our past so engrained in my flesh refreshed my view of Dean. Our relationship has had its share of troubles this past couple of years. Our discussion allowed me to view Dean as a child and all of the crap that happened to him. I then evaluated how that has molded him: to how he thinks, how he reacts when corrected, denied his wants, how he guards himself (to wall off his offenders-me) and so much more. My heart broke for him and for me. I have approached him and he was wide open for discussion which was an answer to prayer... Thank you all... Again our Abba desires to take care of His own. We are on a road of forgiveness beginning with each others parents for all the ickies they crippled us with. I pray from there we will forgive each other.

I was blessed by the willingness of all of you to get together at whatever cost...-the cost of camping. Wow! The value of our relationship is beyond self comfort and into self-sacrifice. Whereever you go I will go!! I love you all!

G

3 comments:

Cyndi Mulligan said...

Oh, Glenice, this is FANTASTIC! To go from the conversation we left to read this now--what a God movement! I love you so much. I'll be praying. XO

Ya-Ya Connection said...

Yeah for the prayers. they are working!

Ya-Ya Connection said...

Shaking old habits are hard.! It is so easy for me to go back to harmful behaviors when Dean does something I disagree with. I must do as Mae says "respond not react". My response must be looking to my Abba for direction. Dean's and my latest discussion is that I continue to fail at meeting his sexual needs. Please! I was hoping by the time we get fifty years of age once a month was enough. So as Mae has said before "woodenly do the right thing". So we now have on the calendar scheduled "date" times for sex. It definetly takes me all week to get ready. Thank God for the calendar reminder.I could be condemned forever. You see, when Dean gets mad at me he closes off his heart to me. It is a safty, self preservation thing he has taught himself. He says to himself, "I will fortress myself off to all who hurt or offend me". Sad, that he thinks it is best for all if he disengages in relationships becauuse of repeated offences. You know the bible says to shake the dust off your sandles if you cannot be obedient to the word of God. So after repeated offences I am to be shakened off because the bible says I am to meet my husbands needs which I have failed to do so. He is so decieved in that area. That is the battle I am engaging in and that is why I need to forgive his parents because that attitude was taught to him by them. I told him he is doing the very same thing that he has walled off his parents for. Engrained behaviors sinful to the core. But serves "self" well. This battle is the Lords and I am His warrior deperately needing His armor. Pray that I keep my focus off me and on Him!