<center><b>Ya-Ya Connection</b></center>

Ya-Ya Connection

To the One Who made friendship,
who launched this ship of friends,
may we bless You...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mae Date in October

Received a reply from Mae about meeting at my house on Tuesday, October 21. She wrote, "Yes, yes, yes! Thank you for the invitation to your home... but you are going to MT the weekend of the 18th--won't you be tired? Oh, of course--I forgot you are young! Ha."

Thank you, Cheryl, for your willingness to make this happen. She seems so pleased with so little, and I appreciate her sincere prayers for all of us, "my girls".

Thought I'd share some things from her notebook that I liked:
  • Being perplexed, I say, "Lord, make it right! Night is as day to Thee, darkness is Light."
  • I am afraid to touch things that involve so much--my trembling hand may shake, my skill-less hands may break; Thine can make no mistake!
  • Hunt for the precious life in others.
  • Respond instead of react.
  • As long as the noisy restlessness of the mind goes on, the gentle holy desires of the new nature are quenched.
  • Since self-control is the fruit of the Holy Spirit, we know where to go!
  • Bring Life to whatever situations you face. Deut. 30:19-20 Choose life!
  • Look at temptations as an intrusion of an enemy power against the life of Christ in you. Ps. 69:9
  • Ps. 101:2 Make daily duties steps heavenward.
  • Prov. 12:25 Anxiety causes depression.

I like how she signs her letters, "My always love." Isn't she dear?!

I sure hope we can all be there. What do you think? I'd like her to meet Rosie again. =) XO

4 comments:

Cheryl Stillar said...

Count on me. It is on my calendar. I will pick up Mae. Anyone else want to ride with?

Ya-Ya Connection said...

I would like to plan on coming with you. Tina

Ya-Ya Connection said...

I will look at the calendar and let ya all know. I know I am going to Yakima for a right to life convention to hear Francine Rivers speak. I know it is on a Tuesday near the end of the month.
G

Ya-Ya Connection said...

I will be there, too!
G