<center><b>Ya-Ya Connection</b></center>

Ya-Ya Connection

To the One Who made friendship,
who launched this ship of friends,
may we bless You...

Friday, March 14, 2008

this 'n that


I've heard people say they wish we wrote letters like they did in the NT, with the author's name at the beginning. I used to think that was a good idea too until we started doing this. Now I like seeing who it is just by the writing style and the content. It's double the fun! I realize G took the guessing out, but that's still okay, too.

Glenice, what a GREAT post. You're like this whole pleasure zone! Don't feel like you've set some high standard that you have to achieve every time though, k? Just post when you can, when you're motivated--that's all I'm hoping for...

No, Ryan's not doing track. He took Brett's comment to heart, which was, "If I could do anything different my senior year, it would be to not do track. Then I could've relaxed and had more fun at the end." He was the only one who had to miss a really fun sr. thing because of state. Jylle will do track, but she's doing basketball now, and Kev is her coach. It makes for some fiery conversations.

Tina, will you be blogging about Greg's memorial? Are you still so full from it all...? You were amazingly inviting and caring with Kev and me. Thank you for that. I'm just sorry it was uncomfortable for you. I know your heart for us, and I know it would've been completely different if you had planned things. Just know that at your service, we will definitely stay. A really long time. Sit down and eat and everything. Probably even dance. With the Ya-Yas. But it'll be less sweet without you.

I'm mourning you already...


Cheryl, I am up for being there with you. I like that you asked. I know you love to be us all together. We are the most intrepid group of sister-friends I've ever heard of, more so than Lynn's group, or the Sweet Potato Queens, or even the Ya-Yas in the movie, cuz we brave those deep and daunting pools of the soul.
"And walk in love, esteeming and delighting in one another as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us," ~Eph. 5:2.

That reminds me, someone told me that a doctor pulls out the uterus af
ter a C-section and examines it, showing it to the medical students, "... and here are the ovaries." Then she puts the whole thing back in expertly. They do that with intestines too, pull them out and put them back in. That sounds all perfectly gross, but it reminded me of us. Lord has brought us to this point where we can take out our insides, bare them on the table, examine them, and then with the Great Physician's hands, put them back in expertly. And I say expertly because I come away from us inspired, encouraged, convicted, and more joyful. That is certainly His way. "The blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed by healing and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up and the poor have good news (the Gospel) preached to them," ~Matt. 11:5
I'll look for either a post or an email about this coming Tuesday. Brett comes home Mar 20-30 for spring break, so the timing is good for this to happen on Tuesday.

XO, LL (just the tip!!!)

2 comments:

Ya-Ya Connection said...

LL (just the tip) -- i don't get this. Is the first L for Lottie? What did I miss? What did i forget?

Irma

Cyndi Mulligan said...

It's for the end of G's last post. Do you know about the whole "lick lick" thing? I shall fill you in if you need. mmwah
~Lottie