<center><b>Ya-Ya Connection</b></center>

Ya-Ya Connection

To the One Who made friendship,
who launched this ship of friends,
may we bless You...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We are 100% on YaYa diagnoses!

Thought you'd all like to know that the YaYa Consortium of Medical Diagnoses of the Stillar Children is currently batting a thousand. Luke finally saw a doctor. Took him a week (and this news is a week old.) Never did get the whole free clinic thing to work for him. (Missed an appointment by 4 minutes and they said, "Sorry!") But he saw a doc friend of a friend and we were correct. There was a mild infection way inside, but nothing threatening as there was no pain or inflammation. So for the cut rate of $100 he got the diagnosis, another $10 for an antibiotic & a thousand bucks worth of peace of mind.

This whole experience combined with some other of my children calling mom for this and that has caused me to have some serious wonderment over how I have raised my kids. I would have to call my mom for verification, but I don't think I ever called for advice once I left home (except maybe for a few recipes). I realize now that I expected my kids would do the same. And I see also that's how I hoped it would turn out!

When I brought Kelsey home from the hospital and realized that I was now in charge of clipping 100 toenails and fingernails (without snipping any flesh), it was an overwhelming thought. The whole responsibility thing has been daunting for SO MANY YEARS. I've been consciously working on not letting other people's stuff become MY stuff, but I really thought that these "opportunities for growth" would diminish as the kids left and my job description shrunk. I'm thinkin' I screwed up.

As I am pondering how best to adjust to this knowledge, I am struck with the fact that our God has already made the adjustments!! (Thank you Lord that You are ever speaking to us!)

1 - The last two times I have been with my YaYa's I got a potentially stressful call that they could shoulder with me, and

2 - They were not stressed and were happy to do it, and

3 - We are 2 for 2!

I love you my YaYa's!!

Cheryl

2 comments:

Cyndi Mulligan said...

Kids will call on parents who have knowledge & wisdom, so it seems you only "screwed up" in terms of your own mental wellness expectations maybe? God ultimately raised your kids, and they're wonderful! And if it wasn't THESE "opportunities for growth," then it'd be something else just as "unfortunate," don'tcha think... I love you. XO

Unknown said...

just as "unfortunate". i like that. thanks for the perspective!